THIS DETECTOR IS NO LONGER MANUFACTURED, BUT PLEASE CONTACT US ABOUT REPAIRS & SERVICING.
An indispensable tool for observing, identifying and studying bats and other animals which emit ultrasound.
• large, accurate illuminated tuning dial
• tuning range covers ultrasound up to 165 kHz
• choice of internal 'speaker or headphones
• 2 AA batteries give long up to 200 hours operation
• recording outputs - 'tuned' and 'commentary'
• twist-on directional horn to enhance sensitivity
• comes with rugged weatherproof carrying case containing headphones and batteries
Other uses for the Mini-3 include detection of high-frequency sound from high voltage discharges and leaks in pressurised systems, analysis of motor bearing noise, and checking for ultrasonic environmental noise pollution from TVs, computers, fluorescent tubes, machinery, intruder detection systems, etc.
|Tuning range||15 - 160 kHz ±1.5 kHz|
|Audio Output||250 mW internal loudspeaker|
|TUNED output||1.5 V p-p max., into 600 ohms *|
|MIC output||300 - 3000 Hz commentary output*|
|ON indicator||red LED power-on/dial light|
|Twist-on horn||up to x5 increase in sensitivity|
|Batteries||2x AA cells - alkaline, NiMH or NiCad|
|Size||147 x 65 x 40 mm|
|Weight||230 g, including batteries & horn|
* buffered output, gain independent of volume setting